Truck DriversDenver, CO
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
Drives a semi truck from the Safeway Denver Distribution Center to Albertsons and Safeway retail grocery stores to deliver product. Picks up backhaul from stores and returns to the Denver Distribution Center.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience.
- Must have a valid medical examiner certificate (ICC card).
- Excellent knowledge of driver safety regulations of CFR 49.
- Responsible for pre-trip inspections of trucks and trailers.
- Working knowledge and ability to use the onboard computer system to assist in tracking the load from start to destination.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Loads and secures product inside trailer.
- Drives an electric pallet jack.
- Unloads product pallets in staging area and/or appropriate cooler in store.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Courteous to store employees.
- Exhibits a strong team work ethic.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are a 24-7 operation with shifts starting throughout the 24 hour day. Weekend and holiday availability is required. You must be 21 years of age to qualify for this position.
****When clicking the apply button below you will be directed to our Internal Applicant Tracking System. You will need to create login profile at the top right. Once that is established you will continue through the application process.
Please be sure to mark YES on the pre-screen Question 4 in regards to any prior work history. If you choose No, it will not allow you to add your previous employment.
It is the policy of the Albertsons Companies to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. In addition, offers of employment are conditioned upon the successful completion of a criminal background screening, prior employment, education and license verification and possibly ergonomic testing based on position.