Trucking Dispatch SupervisorDenver, CO
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Responsible for prescheduling transportation of freight and merchandise as well as assigning work to truck drivers using a variety of resources.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- 2-year college degree or 5 years progressive trucking experience preferred.
- Commercial driver's license, Class A preferred.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation laws and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic routing systems.
- Familiar with a union work environment.
- High degree of initiative and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to providing a safe work environment.
- Keep abreast of Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and company work rules, regarding operations of trucking equipment.
- Ensure D.O.T. compliance.
- Implement cost-saving measures.
- Determine equipment and staffing requirements for daily operational needs.
- Supervise and dispatch drivers.
- Manage and control daily workload through good dispatching procedures.
- Monitor employees daily work assignments.
- Good interpersonal skills for working with distribution center staff and retail stores.
- Must be able to work alternate work shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
It is the policy of the Albertsons Companies to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. In addition, offers of employment are conditioned upon the successful completion of a criminal background screening, prior employment, education and license verification and possibly ergonomic testing based on position.